I know. Pumpkin Spice products JUST hit the shelves…
… but I’m already seeing sugar plums dancing in my head.
Christmastime has always been my favorite time of year.
The decorations – stockings lining the mantelpiece, twinkling lights bordering the house’s exterior, homemade and souvenir ornaments adorning the tree.
The sights – snowmen, ice sculptures, snowflakes on eyelashes, the tree at the Capital Building downtown, Santa and his reindeer.
The social events – family and friends getting together, sometimes the only time all year as friends and family from across the country come back and convene at old haunts to share in laughter and merriment.
The smells – pine trees and peppermint, and, of course…
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut sugar, to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat over to 400deg F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly coat with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Slowly stir dry in to wet ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Transfer batter to loaf tin.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out dry.
- Remove tin from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Slice loaf once completely cooled. Store in fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 1 month.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 290 calories; 16g total fat (10g sat, 1g mono, 0g poly); 93mg cholesterol; 230mg sodium; 466mg potassium; 31g total carbohydrates (4g fiber, 25g sugars); 6g protein; 11% DV calcium; 17% DV iron